How to Apply for a Passport Book or Passport Card
You must apply in person, at a local Passport Acceptance Facility
using application DS-11, if:
- You are applying for the first time
- Your previous U.S. Passport was lost, stolen or damaged
- Your previous U.S. Passport expired and was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your previous U.S. Passport expired and it was issued when you were under 16 years of age
- Your name was changed since your passport was issued and you DO NOT have legal documentation of the change.
You will renew your Passport through the mail using application DS-82 IF YOU:
- Already have a U.S. Passport that is not damaged; and
- Were at least age 16 when it was issued; and
- Still have the same name as in your most recent U.S. Passport (or you can legally document your name change).
- Passport Book, age 16 and over: $110.00
- Passport Book, age 15 and under: $80.00
- Passport Card, age 16 and over: $30.00
- Passport Card, age 15 and under: $15.00
- Execution Fee: $25.00
For additional information or questions about the application process and documentation, contact Northfield Township at 847-724-8300 or visit www.travel.state.gov.
Passport Processing Times
Routine passport processing: approximately 4-6 weeks from the time the processing center receives the applications.
Expedited passport processing: including overnight delivery to and from the Passport Agency 2-3 weeks door to door.
Additional information about processing times and fees available at www.travel.state.gov.
Need pictures for your passport application?
Northfield Township will take your passport pictures for $15.00. The fee goes towards services provided by the Township, so you will be helping your neighbors in need.